Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering (Power)
This diploma is accredited by LCL Awards – it enables new entrants or existing engineers in the metering industry to up skill to a Level 2 Smart Metering Diploma in Power recognised throughout the utilities industry.
- Observed performance in the workplace and using realistic simulation within our approved assessment centre.
- Written examination consisting of short answer responses and multiple choice.
- Working Practices in the Energy and Utilities Sector L/502/9858
- Working Safely in the Energy and Utilities Sector A/502/9855
- Using and Communicating Technical Information in the Energy and Utilities Sector J/503/0233
- Delivering Customer Service When Working Within the Energy and Utilities Sector F/502/9856
- Install and Commission Communication Systems for Smart Meters A/503/0231
- Install Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment M/600/3988
- Change Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment A/600/3993
- We will supply tooling and grant access to supervised workplace experience.
- The Government is committed to ensuring that every home and small business in the
country is offered a smart meter by the end of 2020. The Smart Metering Programme aims
to roll-out over 50 million smart gas and electricity meters to all domestic properties and
smart or advanced meters to smaller non-domestic sites in Great Britain – impacting
approximately 30 million premises.
- If you’re already a fully competent gas engineer and wanting to up skill to Smart Metering Power, then YES! This course is for you!
- If you’re new to the industry and want to join an ever growing market – our dual fuel course may be more suited to your needs.
EUSR Smart Metering Referencing Scheme
A requirement for any person who completes works to be registered under the Smart Metering Referencing Scheme (EUSR).